Services at NCWorks Career Centers
- Job Listings:Employers list jobs directly through the NCWorks Career Centers and NCWorks Online.
- Job Search and Life Skills Classes:Classes to assist individuals on how to find and keep jobs, including learning how to manage any personal barriers to employment.
- Computer Lab with Staff Assistance:Complete academic skills upgrades, skills assessments, computer-based tutorials, and connect to NCWorks Online for your personalized job search.
- Resume Preparation:Staff are available to assist you with preparing a professional resume. Career Centers hold resume workshops, and maintain the needed software for resume preparation.
- Skills Assessments:Evaluate your employment abilities, interest and basic skills.
- GED and High School Completion:Complete classes needed to complete your High School Diploma or GED.
- Occupational Skills Training and Literacy Skills:Referrals to specific training opportunities leading to employment, as well as programs to improve your reading, writing and math skills.
Job seekers can search for jobs, create resumes, and find education and training.
This is a no-fee service that allows anyone looking for a job access to thousands of job postings from numerous websites, job-search engines and businesses. This system was launched by the State of North Carolina in 2013 to replace the existing NCJobConnector, so you’ll need to create a new account if you have not done so already.