DavidsonWorks Career Centers – Services for BusinessGenerally the “bricks and mortar” Career Centers are locations aimed at job seekers to get them started on their job search, as well as offer training and skills assessment and development. However, these locations also provide services to Businesses in cases where the services cannot be easily accessed through NCWorks Online, or in cases where you want some guidance from staff at the local centers. Following is a sample of services available through NCWorks Career Centers
- Business Resource Room –Space for interviewing/conferences/job fairs/workshops or training.
- Recruitment and Screening Assistance –While much of this can be done online, businesses can also obtain assistance with posting job listings, automated job matching, applicant recruitment, screening and referral.
- Human Resource Information– Information on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, unemployment insurance, labor law and compliance information.
- Technical Assistance on Employment Issues– Licensing requirements, bonding, and labor certification.
- Rapid Response Services– Assistance with downsizings and/or closing.
- Education and Training Brokering– Staff help businesses identify and connect with appropriate education and training sources to assist with your workforce development needs. Consumer reports on effectiveness of specific providers are also available for employers.